Anyway, this weekend. I went to Bern Friday right after school. Linny and I had supper in Seneca since she was on call and couldn't join the rest of the Edelmans in Sabetha. I had an awesome time just catching up with her and, the food was good! :) Saturday was spent butchering a hog. Well, I took a lot of pics and watched the butchering. After they got finished preparing everything, it was taken to Brian's where it was smoked in a grain bin! It worked awesome! Saturday evening, Jeff and I went to Stef's and hung out with Stef and Lin. Ice came later. It is so good to go back "home" on the weekends and catch up. Perhaps the highlight of my weekend came on Sunday. At noon. After we finished singing in the Sunday School, I walked back out to the foyer. I ran into Ryan M and started chatting. More than an hour later, we had talked about a lot of things and I felt very encouraged!! Thanks Ryan! Right after church, I left "the country" and headed to "the city."
Here are some pictures from the weekend!
I really like this picture. I took this through the window. The bird in the background is really cool! :)
She was brave! She thought the ribs felt like a xylophone!
And, what would butchering be without the lovely pigs foot!
Grinding the meat into sausage.
Packaging the sausage. Yes, those are real intestines that the meat is going into! :)
Jeff splitting wood for the smoker. Basically, they built some racks, stuck them in an old grain bin, threw the tubes of meat over the racks, built a fire in the bin, and shut the doors! It worked beautifully!




No comments:
Post a Comment