It's a miracle. After no posts for over a year, two in two days. It is only a matter of time until.......
In other breaking news, today was good. A quick breakdown of the day....
So, the lights on my Buick are automatic. They turn on if it is dark enough and then go off when it is bright enough or the car gets shut off. When I got to the high school at about 7:19, the lights were still on. I shut my car off, locked, and went inside knowing that it takes a long time (and by long, I mean at least three minutes long) for my lights to automatically shut off. I had been in the school for at least 2 minutes and 59 seconds when over the loud speaker I hear, "There is a car in the staff parking lot with Illinois plates and the lights are on!" By 3 minutes and 18 seconds after entering the school building, I looked back outside and they were already off.
Wednesday's are late start days for the students. Once a month, there is a staff meeting in the morning and today was that day. In the staff meeting, Mr. Morgan introduced me and said, "[. . .] and he is from Illinois." I think I turned about 27 different shades of red (and it can take a bit to turn me red!) :)
Everyone was very friendly and I am really enjoying my time at Rock Creek thus far! A quick run down of today.
1st Block - Hort - Plant ID, went to the greenhouse to check on plants
2nd Block - Ag 1 - Exterior and interior egg grading, handled the hens
3rd Block - Ag 2 - Milk judging contest
4th Block - Ag 1 - Exterior and interior egg grading (didn't have time the second class to handle the hens....there are 25 students in the 4th block and 17 in 2nd block.)
5th Block - Ag Mech - Working through electricity, talked about ohms, watts, volts, etc
6th Block - Ag 3 - Meat ID, working on beef (this is the class that I will be starting on. After beef Mr. Morgan is going to cover pork and then I am going to start in on lamb.)
7th Block - Prep
8th Block - Ag 4 - Continued working on Agribusiness problems
Day 2 is complete. Day 3 has been canceled. Unreal! I like what I am doing so far and look forward to it although I know it is going to be a ton of work! I am going to try and enjoy my day off tomorrow and begin to prepare for the PLT and my content test this Saturday!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i like that you turned red. that doesn't happen very much! thanks for the pic. so we can imagine where you're at all day. love you - wjtb
Post a Comment