Ummm....let's see...it has been forever but in a way, it kind of actually feels nice to be blogging again. As I opened my Bible to read, I read the verse that this blog is titled after, Psalms 18:2. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. As I read this, it really gave me comfort with my decision to go to Kansas State this coming fall. I feel that God will be going with me because he is my rock and my fortress.
Another thought I had while reading this verse is all the names mentioned for Christ in the Bible. This is a pretty long list but here goes....And He shall be called...
Advocate (1 John 2:1); Lamb of God (John 1:29); The Resurrection & the Life (John 11:25); Shepherd & Bishop of Souls (1 Peter 2:25); Judge (Acts 10:42); Lord of Lords (1 Timothy 6:15); Rock (1 Corinthians 10:4); Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3); Master (Matthew 8:19); Head of the Church (Ephesians 5:23); Faithful & True Witness (Revelation 3:14); High Priest (Hebrews 6:20); The Door (John 10:9); Living Water (John 4:10); Bread of Life (John 6:35); Rose of Sharon (Song of Solomon 2:1); Messiah (Daniel 9:25); Alpha & Omega (revelation 22:13); True Vine (John 15:1); Teacher (John 3:2); Holy One (Mark 1:24); I Am (John 8:58); Mediator (1 Timothy 2:5); The Beloved (Ephesians 1:6); Son of God (Matthew 27:54); Savior (John 4:42); Good Shepherd (John 10:11); Branch (Isaiah 11:1); Light of the World (John 8:12); The Almighty (Revelation 1:8); Carpenter (Mark 6:3); Image of the Invisible God (Colossians 1:15); The Word (John 1:1); Bridegroom (Matthew 9:15); Chief Cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20); Servant (Matthew 12:18); Author & Finisher of Our Faith (Hebrews 12:2); Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6); Shiloh (Genesis 49:10); King of Kings (1 Timothy 6:15); Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5); Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6); Anchor (Hebrews 6:19); Only Begotten Son (John 3:16); Prophet (Matthew 21:11); Wonderful Counselor (Isaiah 9:6); Immanuel (Matthew 1:23); Son of Man (Matthew 20:28); Dayspring (Luke 1:78); The Amen (Revelation 3:14); King of the Jews (Mark 15:26); Redeemer (Job 19:25); Bright Morning Star (Revelation 22:16) The Way, the Truth, & the Life (John 14:6)
Jesus Christ
If you continue reading, verse 3 says, I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. I think of the song...
I WILL CALL UPON THE LORD
I will call upon the Lord
Who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
Jesus Christ, He died for me
And He took away my sin
I will live with Him for eternity
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted.
I will call upon the Lord
Who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
Jesus Christ, He died for me
And He took away my sin
I will live with Him for eternity
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
The Lord liveth, and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted.
I hope that you are falling on the rock for support no matter where your at in life, whether it be school, work, or whatever! Remember who is omnipotent!!!
1 comment:
Yay! Mike is blogging again!!! :D
Post a Comment